Compleate env remapping?

	I'm interested in doing all development under Cygwin.  Not developing cygwin apps mind you, but using the env; primarily because I need make and I love bash.

	I am doing Java development with a Poet OODBMS.

	What I would like to do is remap my development directory structure to a unix like file system.  Has anyone done this?  What I was thinking of doing is this:
1) do not import the NT env.
2) create a directory structure fir bash to work in.
3) mount the 'NT' directory structure to the proper 'bash' structure.
4) set up env var like CLASSPATH & PATH.

	The questions I have relating to his are:
a) how do I not import the NT env (and is this advisable)
b) how to properly set up the cygwin .bat file to set up the vars that need to be in place before .bashrc is processed.
c) what all will I want & need to put in the .bashrc to have cygwin work optimally.

	The reason I would prefer to leave out the NT stuff is to insure that bash doesn't get confused about paths; especially the CLASSPATH setting.

	Can anyone (or everyone) offer advise?  Have any of you done this?  Is there a better way?

	Thanks!