Re: Total lack of accurate documentation!

Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> [...]
>     Something like that I had, little more worse, though.
> I solved it globally (after consulting to maillist and being told
> those are 'features' of cygwin) - unmount all except root.
> Replace in registry '/' mount point from drive where
> windows installed to drive where cygwin itself installed (it's another
> cygwin feature). Make /tmp on that drive. Keep youself within that
> drive. Use //cygdrive/ syntax to access other drives (search list
> archive for more info). Forget forever about one of the MOST NICE
> and USEFUL features of cygwin.

Why do you tell this?

Nothing of this, what you are telling is really necessary! I'm using cygwin
mount points on many computers with many windows partitions and it works fine!
You are not obliged to use REGEDIT, to change the root mount! Try
	umount /
	mount [-bf] X: /
and you will see: This works, too!
So, too, it's definitly unnecessary, to use a //cygdrive style syntax!
Many nice features of cygwin are working as expected, some others have errors
in it, but less than windows itself! Some code also workarounds windows shit!

As a result, IMHO, your last sentence is a insolence!

Corinna