BASH under NT Emacs not sourcing my .bashrc

Hi all,

I have read all FAQ's and archives and can't get this to work.
I'm running cygwin b-20 with NT emacs 20.3.1. I'm trying to get bash
under emacs. I changed the .emacs to have what the cygwin FAQ says plus
I changed the variable

explicit-shell-file-name to point to cygnus.bat

When I start a shell with M-x shell I get a bash shell but my .bashrc is
not read. However, when I run the bash shortcut to cygnus.bat the
.bashrc gets read.

Any comments on how to get this working?

thanks,
--
Anibal Jodorcovsky                              (o) (514) 765-8231
Nortel Networks                                 (f) (514) 761-8505