Re: "Accented" characters

Hi everybody,

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
>         chcp 1252

Ok, after some private exchange with Dan Herron
<herron@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> I caved in and actually tested these
things instead of just shooting from the hip ;-). Note that all that
follows is only tested with b18 (good enough for my occasional tests
until now).

Firstly, in b18 bash needs the complete filename for CHCP, so it's
actually "chcp.com 1252".

Secondly, bash needs some additional configuration in ~/.inputrc (copied
from my Linux box):

set convert-meta Off
set output-meta On

Thirdly and lastly, for ls to show 8-bit chars correctly, the "-N" (AKA
"--literal") option is needed, so

  ls -N

does the job.

so long, benny