Re: [PB] "no acceptable ld" : cywin32 pb, way to handle win path ?

"Gary V. Vaughan" <gvaughan@oranda.demon.co.uk> writes:
> "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" wrote:
> >
> > If I remember correctly; Geoffrey Noer mentioned last month, that it was
> > a Cgywin issue not automake.  Perhaps the problem will be fixed in the
> > next release of Cygwin.
> >
> > Suhaib
>
> Yes,  the root of the problem is that 'gcc --print-prog-path=ld' gives a
> win32 path (under cygwin), and I think it is this that the cygwin folks
> plan to fix.

EGCS-1.1.1 (from my site) produce forward slashes, albeit with a drive
specifier. EGCS-1.1.2 will do the same, and the changes are now in the
dev branch. Does this still pose a problem for libtool (other than the
issue of executable file extensions, which I believe you've fixed
already)?

I've lobbied unsuccessfully to get GCC et al to use POSIX-only pathnames.
The only rationale for using the current scheme is if GCC execs a native
program, but currently that's not the case and will not be in the near
foreseeable future.

Regards,
Mumit