nt fclose() question...

hi all...

i've looked (not exhaustively) for an answer to this question, to no
avail...
I had a ANSI C console program on a mac that I wanted to port to NT...

First I moved it to Linux and got it to work with gcc there...
(basically no modifications)
I then moved it to NT running cygwin 20.1...

now I get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when I perform an fclose()??  Mind
you this code worked fine under linux and Metrowerks C on a power Mac...

anyone have any ideas??
I apologize if I've stumbled onto a known bug and haven't found it in
the archives...
Thanks...
Please reply to my email as well as the list...
Thanks.