Re: sources

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 05:17:39PM +0000, Don Sharp wrote:
>As Chris is in denial mode wrt ash I'll need to have a go at fixing the
>missing character problem in the pattern match. (He is right in saying
>that it isn't something that the Bourne shell can do anyway so what/who
>decides the correct behaviour is possibly a moot point).

Denial mode?  You want ash to handle the same substitutions as bash.  It
isn't going to happen.

As to who decides the correct behavior, it's not a moot point.  It's me.

If someone can point me to some documentation that proves that ash is not
working like a standard UNIX /bin/sh, then I'll be happy to change my mind.

cgf