Re: Help on mexing with Mingw32 and g77!

Hello Vasudevan,,

Vasudevan, Gopal <gopal.vasudevan@lmco.com> wrote:

VG>With some amount of struggling I did manage to
VG> compile and create a  .dll file only to have Matlab 5.2 complain:
VG>              ??? DLL load failed for mex file , error is A device attached
VG> to the system is not functioning.

VG> Here is my procedure to create the aforementioned .dll file.   I am using
VG> the example files fprime.f and fprimeG.f.
VG> I have been successful in mexing the equivalent .c function to a working
VG> .dll.   Any ideas?   I have looked through almost every web site that talked
VG> about even remotely about mex.

    You say that you was succesful with C, so... But there's something
I spend nice time with: all mingw32 distributions up to egcs 1.1
produce broken nonrelocatable dll's (more precisely, there
workability fase-of-moon dependent: I saw relocatable dlls produced, I
saw dlls which don't load at all). I haven't tried egcs 1.1.1 yet, but
I don't think problem's gone: bug is in the bfd, probably in its like
to use past-eof seeks to align sections (ms leaves previous data
there, though that region supposed to be zeroed). Cygnus reported
workaround for this in b20, and since cygwin linker produces correct
dlls, but cygwin strip still f%#@%$ up them %) So: try to use latest
cygwin ld instead of mingw32's.

VG> Thanks
VG> Gopal