Re: Executing a BASH script from a start menu shortcut

Robert Campbell <campbell@calgary.paradigmgeo.com> writes:

> Does anybody know how to create an icon on the desktop (or from the start
> menu) that will execute a bash script without starting a dos prompt.
>
> I have cygwin setup to start my X server by executing 'startx' from any bash
> shell, and I would like to know how I can create an icon on my desktop to do
> this, without bringing up a command prompt window.
>
> I would like the script to do something like this:
>
> #!/bin/bash --login
> startx

I think you could call bash with your script as argument, something like:

path_to_bash/bash.exe myscript

If it needs the env-variables you could copy the cygnus.bat, and
change it to call bash with your script as argument instead.

--
/Levon Saldamli