Windows GUI info?

Greetings,
I've been doing c/c++ on unix for some time, but have absolutely
zero experience in c/c++/vc++ programming windows gui (I'm quite
knowledgeable in vb.)

I'm interested in learning how to do windows apps using cygwin gcc/g++
While Cygnus site has a lot of specific reference on api, I could not
find any general info on gui program structure, resource building, etc.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone could point this clueless
newbee to a good resources on windows programming.

Thanks.
Rostislav "Steve" Lyudmirsky               rlyudmirsky@linkonline.net
ICQ# 1393541 [aa#1060]      http://members.linkonline.net/rlyudmirsky
"You were standing in the middle of the plaza yelling that the day of
 judgment was coming."
'Did it?'
"Not that I know, but I may have missed a staff meeting."
                 -- Garibaldi and Amis, in Babylon 5: "The Long Dark"