B20.1: wait/cwait/waitpid not working?

On an NT 4.0 Workstation machine, I spawn a child and have tried both wait()
cwait() and waitpid() to wait until the child exits, but all return
immediately and I can see the child process still running in the task
manager.  I'm printing out the pid I waitpid() on to make sure it is
waiting on a real process

wait(child_pid,NULL,0);

Any ideas?

Thanks

James Manning
--
Hardware Design Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development