B18 Bash returns (null)

I experiencing some weird behavior on NT 3.51 running Bash B18.

When I issue the following command from a telnet session, I get:

bash$ f45gen CUSTOM username/password@db module_type=library
module_access=file parse=yes batch=yes

I get

bash: //R/orawin/bin/f45gen.exe: (null)

If I log on locally to the machine, and run bash with the above command
everything is fine.  The question is, what is the meaning of "(null)"?

Thanks,
Derek
dlee@clti.com

-