Re: PLEASE HELP: problem compiling CygWin B20

---Jorrit Tyberghein <Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
Hi Jorrit,

> Then I do 'make' which also seems to go on for a good while but then
> I get the following errors:
>
> Making all in po
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> gcc -c -I. -I. -g -O2 parse.c
> ./parse.y:91: parse error before `{'
> ./parse.y:91: stray '\' in program
> ./parse.y:92: stray '\' in program

This is caused by a \r\n line ending and you have binary mode set.
There are two ways to set the binary mode switch. 1st by using the
mount command or the registry editor and 2nd by setting binmode in the
CYGWIN environment variable.

If you have your mounts set as text=binary then you don't want to
particularly change them.  You don't want to have to worry with the
\r\n in all the files either.  So to help your problem set nobinmode
in the CYGWIN variable before starting bash.

==