RE: How to configure/install gcc

I am running Beta19 under Win95 and would also like to be able to build
gcc from the gcc-2.8.1 sources.

I have DJGPP installed, but presumably this is NOT what I want to build
the new compiler with. When I have tried before with this, running the
gcc's configure script is fine, generating the Makefile, but upon
running make the first gcc command to build an object file from a C file
(the command is broken across lines with a \ at the end of each line)
fails because it thinks no files have been specified on the command
line. Do you know if this is a bug with the shell or the DJGPP gcc?

The alternative I could try is to use VC++5. I've tried typing 'export
CC=cl' before running configure, however, this reports that CL can't
build executables and stops. Can this be worked around?

Failing all this, is there a packaged gcc compiler (+ ar, ranlib etc)
already built and available for download?

Many thanks,

Mark.

application/ms-tnef