RE: B20 & bash 2.02.1(2) broken

Yes.  ^C breaks out of it though.

I have since switched back to the b20 release of bash (2.01.1(2)) to avoid
having to have the b19 DLL loaded (I wonder if they will happily co-exist)
and the problem now seems intermittent.  One invocation of bash, it works
OK, yet another invocation of bash it hangs.

Humm... Just testing it now, and it's changed again.  I have a script called
"vi" which is a wrapper for vim/vile (it parses the arguments for me).

In /mentor I have a symbolic link bin -> /d/Mentor/bin (i.e. /mentor/bin is
a link to /d/Mentor/Bin).

Here are some example of how it changes, these commands were all performed
as I was composing this mail in the same instance of bash.

	$ vi /tmp/oz
	/d/Mentor/Bin/: Can't open /d/Mentor/Bin/
	$ /d/Mentor/Bin/vi /tmp/oz
	(thrown into vim on /tmp/oz)
	$ export PATH=/bin:/mentor/bin:/usr/local/bin
	$ vi
	hangs, bash.exe eating CPU (believe this is the parent bash)
	^C interrupts
	$ vi /tmp/oz
	(thrown into vim on /tmp/oz)
	$ cd /bin
	$ sh.exe
		do some stuff (echo etc) and exit
	$ vi /tmp/oz
	/mentor/bin/: /mentor/bin/: Permission Denied
	$ /mentor/bin/vi /tmp/oz
	(thrown into vim on /tmp/oz)
	$ export PATH=/bin:/d/Mentor/Bin:/usr/local/bin
	$ vi /tmp/oz
	(thrown into vim on /tmp/oz)
	$ vi /tmp/oz
	hangs, ^c interrupts
	$ export PATH=/bin:/mentor/bin:/usr/local/bin
	$ vi /tmp/oz
	/mentor/bin/: /mentor/bin/: Permission Denied
	$ /mentor/bin/vi /tmp/oz
	(thrown into vim on /tmp/oz)

If I run my script using an aboslubte path, it reliably works.

My ORIGIONAL path (when bash was loaded) did contain spaces.

The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's
and do not necessarily represent the views of Mentor Systems plc.