Re: WinZip [Re: Egcs 1.1 having trouble with 'typename'?]

Any version of WinZip 6.3 or greater definitely supports tar.gz out of
the box. I pull stuff off the net all the time and have unpacked many a
cygnus-bound tar.gz with this program. If this program doesn't work on a
tar.gz, the tar.gz is corrupt. If it does not work on many tar.gz from
many sources, then the user probably diddle with the configureation.

Again, WinZip 6.3 OUT OF THE BOX, no configuration changes at all - no
problem in my experience.

> I have neither the time nor inclination to figure out what various WinZip
> options, or the correct version number, to do the right thing for .tar.gz
> archive with hard- and sym-links in them.
>
> Regards,
> Mumit
>
> -

Get "The Perl Cookbook"