re: Terminal window scroll bars?

At 02:38 PM 9/17/98 -0400, Daniel Karipides wrote:

>>>My favorite telnet clients all have scroll bars that allow you to look back
>>>more than 24 lines.  Can bash do the same?
>>
>>It can on Windows NT's cmd.exe, but not with Windows 9.x's command.com !
>>
>>On NT you can set it through the system menue properites of your cmdwindow.
>
>However, if you enable this, then less no longer works.  (When you leave less
>you are at the top of your "buffer" and must hit return many times to
>scroll through it.)  Or at least, this is what happens to me.
>
>-Dan

What's your TERM setting?  What do you use termcap or ncurses?  I use
something close to Sergey's DLL on NT 4 + sp3.  My TERM is set to linux
and I use ncurses 4.1.  less works just fine for me...

RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02482-7797               http://www.rfk.com
-