Re: I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems

Hello Michael, you wrote:
>Cygwin32 but unix-specific daemon code is compiled instead, for example.  To
>avoid coding #if defined construct as shown I decided to undefine _WIN32 when
>compiling in Cygwin32 environment by using a command line of a form "gcc ...
>-U_WIN32 ...".  Before I did that the application worked fine however as soon
Wouldn't it be cleaner and easier to code something like

#if defined __unix__ || defined __CYGWIN32__
#endif

and

#if defined _WIN32 && !defined __CYGWIN32__
#endif

around parts of your program that should behave like on unix under
cygwin? IMHO that wouldn't be more effort than solving your current
problem and all the others that will arise if something in the headers
or the cygwin tools gets changed.
--
tschoe, Micha
-