Re: ftpd

CyberJack wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck using ftpd from inetd? When I try to log in as a
> user, it returns login denied. When I log in anonymous it puts me in / and
> I can't get a directory listing. Any help would be much appreciated. btw,
> WinNT 4.0 Cygwin32b19/coolview. I did add an ftp user to /etc/passwd, setup
> the home dir with bin, etc, and pub. Placed a copy of passwd and group in
> etc and copied ls.exe to bin
I've never managed to make the login of any user work, but I can tell
You why there's no ls working for the anonymous account: It's all
because the "chroot" isn't implemented. If You put ls.exe into /bin it
will work! Futhermore ftpd searches most of it's configuration files
from /usr/local/etc instead of /etc.

	Matthias Morche (mailto:morche@sat1.de)
		SAT.1 (http://www.sat1.de)

-