Re: Like-unix tree directories

Hi Earnie,

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> To do as you've suggested:
>
> bash$: mount -b //d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin /bin
> bash$: mount -b //d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin /usr/bin
> bash$: mount -b //c/texmf/MiKTeX/bin /usr/local/bin

Yes, it's a good solution, but if you have another package, for example
groff, and you want to put thene executable files in the /usr/local/bin
too, I think you can't do again a mount -b //c/texmf/MiKTeX/bin
/usr/local/bin!

Note: With bash, where is the mount table?

> As an alternative that will help with the delima I'll suggest
> that you:
>
> mkdir c:\bin
> mkdir c:\usr\bin
> mkdir c:\usr\local\bin
>
> put bash.exe, sh.exe and cygwinb19.dll in c:\bin
> put the rest of the cygwin executables in c:\usr\bin
> and then put your MikTex in c:\usr\local\bin
>
> You could leave the rest of cygwin alone or move the include directory
> to c:\usr\include and move the lib directory to c:\usr\lib.

I don't like this solution because with it I have to do a lot of move
when I get a new package or a new version of an existing package!
I prefer the first one.

Thanks,
Dominique
-