Re: Windows 98

Hi Fred,

Fred Reimer wrote:
> My main problem now is that I'm using the link-compatible egcs with the
> Platform SDK from Microsoft and I don't think egcs like's the "interface"
> stuff for COM and DirectX.  "Normal" programs seem to compile fine though.
> Anyone have any clues for the "interface" problem?

Not sure what you're problems actually are.

For background:

C++-style COM objects don't work with g++ currently AFAIK. To do that,
g++ would need to change it's internal object layout to be
COM-compatible. I once looked into the code that g++ generates for
objects, and it looks like adaptation of the g++ object layout to COM
should be possible as a variation of the vtable-thunks configuration.

C-style COM objects are very clumsy to use, but they actually should
work. They possibly need a bit of work in the headers in basic macros.
Haven't tried it, but there is no reason why this should not be
possible.

so long, benny