Re: beginner's problem

As for the problem with bash, you don't have a `.' in your PATH
variable so that it doesn't search your current directory.  Therefore,
you need to include a `./' in front of the command, ie: ./a

As for the problem with DOS, it is likely you have an error that is
occuring before it gets to the prompt.

---Don McKenzie <dmck@silvae.cfr.washington.edu> wrote:

> Sorry for the simple question, but:
>
> I have installed beta 19.1 on an NT machine (FAT file system), am
> running bash, and tried compiling a simple program from the command
> line with gcc.  When I try to run the resulting "a.exe" from the
command
> line, the error
> message "a:(or a.exe) command not found" appears.  When running from
> the Windows start menu/run, a DOS window appears and immediately
> disappears, even though the program prompts for user input.
>
> I must be missing something really obvious, but what?  (I have lots
> of experience compiling and running programs on a sparc).
>
> Thanks much.

You're welcome,
==
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----