Re: B19; supporting a DOS-path such as C:\a\b\c;C:\d\e\f;D:\g\h

Hi Christopher,

Are you saying that if I mount c:\cygnus\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\etc to
/etc and I use the Win32 native vim to edit /etc/termcap that vim
should see c:\cygnus\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\etc\termcap?

If the answer is yes, was this a change made in b19?  I know that it
didn't work for b18.

Thanks,
Earnie.

---"Christopher G. Faylor" <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:

> In article <355A1145.90387D5C.cygnus.gnu-win32@ActiveSW.COM>,
> Chris Callsen <Chris@activesw.com> wrote:
> >Let me first say that I like using bash on windows (cmd.exe makes me
> >insane). Naturally, bash uses a Unix-style PATH for finding things.
> >However, when bash runs "native" Windows applications these see a
> >Unix-style PATH but expect a DOS style path. An example of this
would be
> >'nmake', or the Microsoft Tools (C compiler, linker, etc).
>
> cygwin32 changes the PATH environment variable into native Windows
format
> before every program invocation.  That means if you set your PATH
> to '//c/bin;//c/windows/system' and run a non-cygwin32 program, the
> program will see 'C:\BIN;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM' as the value of the PATH
> variable.
>
> If you are seeing any other behavior than this, then you're seeing a
> bug.  Please document the specific misbehavior and I'll try to fix it.
> --
> cgf@cygnus.com             "Everything has a boolean value, if you
stand
> http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena