Re: Win32 GUI element with cygwin32

On 13 May 98 at 15:14, Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there anywhere some simple example source codes of how to use Win32
> GUI elements (like radio, checkboxes and listelements etc) within the
> cygwin32 environment, if possible?!
>
> Best regards, Stipe Tolj.

Hello Stipe!

Have you looked at
	http://www.relisoft.com/win32/generic.html

They have lots of useful info for Win32 API programming.

A search through MS site -- believe me :-) --  may also
help you:
	http://www.microsoft.com

as they have some useful sample programs.  I'm serious. :-)

Colin Peters was beginning a Win32 FAQ, so it is interesting to
browse his site, at
	http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin

or
	http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162

However, people usually don't work with straight Win32 API; they
prefer to use a C++ library that encapsulates the API and makes
things easier.  Two freeware C++ libraries are wxWindows and V.

The URL for wxWindows is:
	http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/

The URL for V is:
	http://www.objectcentral.com/

Finally, since Win32 API programming with Gnu-Win32 is basically the
same as Win32 programming with any other compiler, maybe you could
take a look at a Win32 API book.  The best one i know is Programming
Windows 95, by Petzold and Yao.

HTH

--Hilton
-