Re: mount/umount from commandline...

I don't think it can be done from DOS.  You could use REGEDIT or

bash
bash$ cd /cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
bash$ ./umount /
bash$ ./mount -b //C/root /

Note: Do nothing else between umount and mount.

The reason it won't work at the DOS prompt is that when the
cygwinb19.dll initializes part of the initialization will add the c:\
as / to the registry.  This is also the reason why you can't do
anything else between unmount and mount.  Using mount from DOS for
other directories would be no problem.

  Please read the IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE at the end of this note.
  Please use the Searchable Mail Archives.

---"Robertson, Jason V" <jason.v.robertson@intel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to use mount/umount from a command prompt?  What
happens is
> we have / mounted to a path, say C:/Blah.  Now from a command prompt
we do:
> C:\> umount /
> C:\> mount C:/temp /
> mount failed: Device or resource busy
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> [This is b19]
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason Robertson <jason.v.robertson@intel.com>
> Arizona Engineering Computing, Intel Corp.
> (602)552-0065
> -
message to

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Please, research your question via the Searchable Mail Archives first.
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32          (Searchable Mail Archives)

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/
                                                       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)
ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/local/fox/cygwin32 (David fox - RPM packages)

Help for Win32 Beginners:
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information
found therein.

You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if
your using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler that
comes with the tools has lots of problems that have been fixed with
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.