Re: Blatant FAQ about mount points

Edward Avis wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I've read the entire FAQ and I still don't understand
> how to mount my root filesystem in binary mode.
> I've looked at the registry with a view to changing the mount points
> by hand, but they appear in several different places, and always under
> "b15.0".

There are default mount points in the registry beside having user
specific ones.  The default mounts are in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
Setup\b15.0\mounts".  For me, / is entry 00.  The trick is to change it
there (from text to binary for example) then delete your user mount
point in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
Setup\b15.0\mounts".  For me, / is entry 0B (it should be different for
you).  THe next time you execute "mount", the default mount point for /
should be copied into your specific one.

Hope this help, Luc.
--
Luc Tanguay, ing.
Bell Canada