From: Oliver Copp [mailto:lyger@fh-landshut.de]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 1998 3:55 PM
To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
Subject: Finding Out My Own IP-Address

Hi !

Is there a function which allows me to find out my current IP address ?

My best guess was to use gethostbyname("localhost") but that always
returns
127.0.0.1.

When I dial in to my provider via NT-RAS, I'm assigned a dynamic IP
address -
which is what I'm trying to find out.

Anyone ;-) ?

Thanks in advance.

Oliver Copp                               ________ ___  __   _    _
copp@tnm.simplenet.com                   |__    __|   \|  | / \  / \
http://tnm.simplenet.com/                   |  |  |  |\   |/   \/   \
TNM - The Wrestling Simulator               |__|  |__| \__|___/\/\___\
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
-