Re: Cygwin32 19.2 update planned

Hilton Fernandes wrote:

> That's the question: is it worth to change to b19.1?  May someone
> who's experimented both make a clear and clean comparison between
> both?  Like what are improvements like
> - bug corrections,
> - better performance in some cases,
> - greater compatibility with the POSIX standard
>
> And the drawbacks:
> - new bugs introduced,
> - worse performance in some cases,
> - new incompatibilities with Win32 programs,
> - new incompatibilities with POSIX.

If you want to set the CYGWIN32 environment variable, you should
definitely *not* upgrade to 19.1.  Otherwise, it's an improvement.

For the best results at this point, you may want to use one of the
newer development-snapshot-derived cygwin dlls from Sergey -- see
http://miracle.geol.msu.ru/sos/ for more info.

As I've mentioned before, I'm intending to release an official 19.2
update dll as soon as we've ironed out the Win 95 freezing issue...

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com