From: Ian Collins [mailto:Ian@kiwiplan.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 7:41 PM
To: 'Gnu Mailing list'
Subject: cygwindevo.dll not a valid image.

I have just managed to get winsup to compile with no errors
(using make all-target-winsup from src directory).

In the winsup directory I saw a new-cygwindevo.dll (of about 4Mb).
I then ran,

	make install-target-winsup, and it installed a cygwindevo.dll in
/usr/local/bin.

I then moved (using the NT cmd shell) cygwindevo.dll to
c:\winnt\system32\cygwinb19.dll

(I installed cygwinb19.dll in system32 as it overcame a problem I had
when starting the inetd service).

Now, when I start bash (for example but it could be any reliant
program), I get a modal dialog with title:

	"bash.exe: bad image"

and contents,

	"The application or DLL C:\WINNT\System32\cygwinb19.dll is not a
valid Windows NT image. Please check this against your installation
diskette."

I haven't stripped the dll or anything, and if I run it against a dll
dependancy program (like depends, for example), then it seems to
think
it is a valid dll.

Help!!!!

Ian Collins.
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message

application/ms-tnef