gcc for WinCE

On comp.arch.embedded, Wed, 15 Apr 1998 05:56:07 GMT,
kenl@ausonics.mpx.com.au (Ken Lee) wrote:

>There is a GNU based development kit for  PalmPilot applications for
>its PalmOS. I was wondering if there was available a similar kit for
>Windows CE for the SH-3.
>
>Does any know of any such animal?

 This same question came also into my mind...

 As I have understood it, the WinCE is a subset of Win32...  So, has
anybody thought if could be use the Cygwin32/Mingw32 sources as a base
for a WinCE-target development system?

 GCC has support for SH-3, ARM, etc. processors used in the WinCE machines,
but what are the problems?  I thought Cygnus would be interested, being a
lot a embedded-oriented company...

 Cheers, Kai
-