GNU-Win32 BUG - Control-C terminates backgrounded jobs

The behavior occurs on both Beta 19 and 19.1

The problem:

  Running jobs in the background, such as:

	bash-2.01$ emacs bugreport.txt &
            [1]  1004
            bash-2.01$ jobs
            [1]+  Running                 emacs &
            $ <CNTL>-C
            [1]+  Interrupt               emacs
            bash-2.01$

  Typing Control-C interrupts both the foreground process (if there is one)
as it should,
but it also interrupts all of the backgrounded processes as well, like my
emacs process
above.  This is very disturbing.  Perhaps I am missing something like a
nohup,
but I can't think of what.  Is there a way of protecting the backgrounded
process from
being killed when the interactive bash shell receives a control C.

-