Re: Little surprises inside of compiled files

afn06760@afn.org wrote:

> I have a MINGW32 compiled verison of the Midnight Commander file browser,
> and just accidentally was using it to view the contents of cygwin-compiled
> files in my /usr/local/bin directory, and I have found pieces of source
> code embedded in the middle of executables:

.... Deleted sample for brevity ....

Try running peclean (attached) on the files.  This will zero fill the
empty areas and verify the .reloc section termination.

Enjoy,
Bill

peclean.exe

begin:          vcard
fn:             William Greathouse
n:              Greathouse;William
org:            SMV America
adr:            Engineering R&D;;8380 Darrow Road;Twinsburg;OH;44087;USA
email;internet: wgreathouse@smva.com
title:          Senior Engineer, Project Leader
tel;work:       (330) 425-1340 x4006
tel;fax:        (330) 405-7684
note:           Personal Email: bgreat@stratos.net
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;2