Problems with CVS

Hello,

I compiled cvs and everything almost seems to work. Checkins and diffs seem to
function properly. But if I try to export or checkout a module, I get this
error:

cvs checkout: Updating refonte
cvs [checkout aborted]: error reading rcs file; revision number expected

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

I almost feel like I'm using a normal environment now.

Laurent
-