Redirection under Makefile

Hi,

I have a funny problem with make. I use binutils-2.8.1 configured to
generate mips binaries under gnu-win32. This works generally, except for
this funny problem with redirection in make. The command line:

mips-ecoff-objdump -j .text -s test > test.obj
mips-ecoff-objdump: permission denied
make: *** [test.hex] Error 2

fails on the redirection. It works if I take the redirection to test.obj
out. Only then I get the output on stdout. The redirection works fine
from the bash command line. it fails only from make. The only solution I
found is to copy bash.exe to  /bin/sh.exe (seems that ash is not really
that stable), and to add:

SHELL = /bin/sh

to the makefile

Please note that X86 objdump in the B19 distribution does not have this
problem, only  mips-ecoff-objdump which I compiled myself. I tried to
copy all the changes that where made to B19 objdump into the
binutils-2.8.1 objdump, but that didn't help.

Thanks,

--
Ron Karpel
email: rkarpel@usa.net