Re: "bad" PATH (2 instances seen by bash launched cmd file)

>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>From: "Tom Rodman" <rodmant@sol.net>
>Subject: "bad" PATH (2 instances seen by bash launched cmd file)
>Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:26:59 -0600
>
>Take a look at this bash (beta 18) session:
>

>  >                  /adm/sa/tmp
>  > CMKE773 adm > export PATH=/WINNT/system32
>  >                  /adm/sa/tmp
>  > CMKE773 adm > echo path=bar \& set path|cmd
>  Microsoft(R) Windows NT(TM)
>  (C) Copyright 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp.
>
>  s:\adm\sa\tmp>path=bar & set path
>  PATH=bar
>  PATH=c:\WINNT\system32
>  PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD
>
>Notice that PATH shows up twice. Can anyone explain this?

Just guessing, it appears to me that it is a bug in the display of the
output.  PATH=bar should be displayed as path=bar and
PATH=c:\WINNT\system32 should be displayed as it is.  Therefore, the
lowercase variables are stored as lowercase but displayed as UPPERCASE.

>regards,
>
>Tom Rodman
>rodmant@sol.net
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------