which gdb best for mingw32 2.8.0?

Hello,
I've moved most of my cygwin32 stuff (native win32, using Zinc ZAF5 at
http://www.zinc.com) successfully to the mingw32 release at
http://www.deninc.com. However, this is missing gdb (and a few other tools,
like diff). If I download Mumit Khan's egcs stuff, will that work with
2.8.0? Do I have to download the whole thing, or just a part of it? Are
there file format incompatibilities between the deninc and egcs releases?

I saw Colin's suggestion that egcs is the one to go for, but am deterred by
the deninc comments about egcs as an 'experimental' compiler. I'd rather
have a solid implementation of yesterdays's technology, a damning admission
of cowardice I know.

Thanks,
Regards,
Tom.