Re: about pseudo-random numbers

You can use (random() % limit), but you need to beware of destroying some
of the properties of the sequence -- not all pseudo-random sequences retain
their various random properties after a modulus operation.

I recommend reading, Knuth's Seminumerical Algorithms (Art of Computer
Programming Vol 2.), for detailed info on pseudo-random sequences.

- Tim Iverson