Installation and running

Title: Untitled Normal Page
I followed the installation process as best I could.  I was unsure of the exact syntax to use in the autoexec.bat  Is it

SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=D:\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32\tcl\bin

I set the program up on the D drive and eliminated the b18 sub-folder. I did the same with the other lines.  Do I have to do anything with the "mount"  if so, what do I do? (In Windows 95 please)
Another problem I am having is the line when I launch base.exe is the  request for /tmp.   What do I do and where do I do it?  In Windows95 you don't create a /tmp.  I created a TMP folder and added a line TMP=J:\tmp to the auto exec.bat.  Please explain these things in a manner that people with no experience in programming and working  in Win 95 can understand.  I have signed up for an online C++ class and they recommended your program.  I want to have it set up before the class starts on the 5th.
Vic  Peters
victor@tir.com