gdb questions

Two questions about gdb - hope these aren't FAQs as I couldn't find
answers to either on line....

1) How do I disable the Tk GUI for gdb?  In general I find the command
line interface more useful and more forgiving.

2) Is it possible to use gdb to debug code built using MSVC?  I'm using
the M$ compiler, but building from the command line with gmake etc and
would like to be able to debug in similar fashion; the alternative
(using the MSVC IDE) really doesn't appeal!

Thanks,

Matt.
--
/\/\att Stupple    TIBCO, Gracechurch House, London EC3V OJA
matts@tibco.com    http://www.tibco.com/   +44(0)171 2956053