Re: libXaw and the latest X11 port

Hello,

> The writeup on using the ported libX points out that libXaw (the Athena
> widgets toolkit) doesn't work well with the port.  Athena buttons don't
> register on the X-window.
>
> Has anyone tried this out with libXaw3d or libXaw95, which are workalikes
> for libXaw with, respectively, Motif-like and Windows95-like buttons?

I am not sure which writeup you are refering to. The X11R6.3 client libs in

     ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub/ports/X11R6.3 or
     ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/X11R6.3

include both libXaw and libXaw3d which work on both win95 and winNT (try the
bezier example in the examples/ directory). The only problem that I am aware
of is that Xaw does not work well with the MI/X server due to a bug in this X
server (you can verify that this is a bug in the X server by running xfig on a
Unix box and displaying the results on the PC). I contacted MicroImages and
their answer was:  "we don't support the Athena widgets".

> Without libXaw, applications like xfm, xfilemanager, xfontsel, etc., don't
> work.

I wish the MicroImages folks would agree with you.

    Arlindo.

PS: BTW, could you upload your ntxlib sources to ftp.deninc.com?

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@alum.mit.edu

-