Re: Problems with 'bash'

>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:02:06 +0100
>From: periat@ens.ascom.ch (Periat Henri)
>To: earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: Problems with 'bash'

[snip]

>> >1. Why does   perl -e 'print "Hello world\n";' doesn't work ?
>> >   I't works fine on in my 'bash' on my UNIX system.
>> >   I also know that a workaround exists with 'qq', thanks to Perl,
but
>> >   this is just a simple example. It seems that 'bash' hates '"'.

I just tried the perl example you gave using virgin b18 and the perl
package I downloaded from the gnu mirrors and built with the gnu-win32
gcc package and it worked just fine.

I don't recall that perl comes with the cdk.exe package.

>> >2. The 'make' can't handle DOS paths like 'C:/foo' in 'VPATH'
>> >   In the FAQ i found the workaround for this problem: '//C/foo'.
>> >   But programs i call from the Makefile can't deal with such paths.
>> >   Who can i make things like this working:
>> >
>> >   %.o: %.c
>> >   	program $<

Are your directory mounts in text=binary mode?  Do you have the coolview
updates from Sergey?  Are you sure that the make you are executing is
the one from gnu-win32?  To find out which program is being executed
from bash do "type -all make".

>> >Thanks
>> >Henri

>> >Henri Periat				Phone:	0041 32 624 35 78
>> >Ascom Business Systems AG		E-Mail:	periat@ens.ascom.ch
>> >Dep. 3578				Fax:	0041 32 624 31 56
>> >Ziegelmattstr. 1
>> >CH-4503 Solothurn
>> >Switzerland

message
>> >"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".

message to
>> "gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
>
>Hi Earni
>
>Thanks for your mail.
>I checked every link for answers, but i couldn't find any for my
problems.

>Cheers
>Henri

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----