Re: bash shell question

>From: Michael Zawacki <mjz115@psu.edu>
>To: "'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'" <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
>Subject: bash shell question
>Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:57:05 -0500
>
>Hi all,
>
>	I am trying to write a script that will take a list of executables and
make links to them in a directory.  I'm doing this to keep my bash PATH
var. small while enabling me to call most of my programs from the shell.
Anyways, I'm running into problems when the filename include a path with
a space in it, such as "Program Files".  I tried putting quotes around
the path but the script still screws up the statement.  One way around
this is to use the 8 character length names.  Is there a way to force
find and ls to output the small filenames? Or is there another way to
get the script working?

>Thanks,
>
>Michael Zawacki
>
>EXAMPLE FILE:
>

>/lotus/smartctr/smartctr.exe
>/lotus/smartctr/suitest.exe
>/lotus/wordpro/wordpro.exe
>/"Program Files"/cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/ar.exe
>/"Program Files"/cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/as.exe

change to:
/Program\ Files/cygnus/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/as.exe

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------