Re: Win32 Online Documentation -- Revisited

> >From: "Paul Garceau" <pgarceau@submergedsoftware.com>
> >To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
> >Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:18:02 -0800
> >Subject: Win32 Online Documentation -- Revisited
> >
> >Greetings,
> >
> >First the good:
> >
> >	I've found the msdn reference library (Win32) and have
> >been accessing it.  It is very impressive and nicely layed out, MS.
> >
> >	Now the bad:
> >
> >	To access anything using the Java VM that is the basis of the MSDN
> >library takes a very long time (average of 10 minutes per link) for
> >download and display of the information available (complete Win32
> >documentation it appears).
> >
> >	I've known this was available for level 1 MSDN members (a free MSDN
> >membership w/access to the MSDN library after MSDN registration).
> >
> >	Does anyone know where I might find downloadable documentation (one
> big
> >chunk or as part of some other currently available distribution) on the
> >net which is similar in scope and depth to the MSDN Win32
> documentation?
> >
> >	Thanks for your patience.
> >
> >	Peace,
> >
> >		Paul G.

Visit my web page http://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/users/williams and download the
old Win32 API help file (10 zip files to make it easy to download). Like
I said it's old, but it does include most functions, apart from new
DirectX, and Win95 shell functions.

Anthony

anthony.williams@mindless.com
-