Re: How to set up a DNS ?

Pasa Guglielmo wrote:

> It seems that a full DNS server is needed to run safely
> Starnet's X-Win32 (isn't it ?) or one has to disable its
> DNS entry of its ISP and reactivate it whenever it connect to its
> ISP ? That's why I'm interested in a DNS server (I've been told
> that there is a bind-dns freeware available at
>
> http://www.download.com/PC/Result/TitleDetail/0,4,0-19403,501000.html .

I don't know about anyone else, but I have DNS disabled and run fine.
You shouldn't need to enable it to talk to your ISP, mine doesn't
need it.

My TCP/IP properties have only three things set:

1) Use DHCP for WINS resolution
2) Obtain an IP address automatically
3) Disable DNS

The rest is blank and it works fine.  Like the saying goes,
if it works don't dick with it.  :)

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles