Bug in gdb or tk4.2?

Pardon me if this has already been discussed.  I seem
to be having a problem with the b18 version of gdb.
When an event occurs that causes a tk pop-up window
to be created, gdb will exit as soon as the window
is completed.

For example, if I am running gdb with a couple of breakpoints
set, and then enter delete I get a "gdb: query" pop-up window
asking me if I want to delete all breakpoints.  Regardless
of whether I select yes or no, gdb terminates immediately.
The same thing happens if I select run and gdb queries me
if I wish to restart from the beginning.

I'm guessing that this is a bug and that since it seems to
occur in a rather typical situation, that there is probably a
patch for it.  True?

Thanks
Pete
-