Re: Cygnus used in a Product ?

Claus Brod <claus_brod@bbn.hp.com> writes:

>desh wrote:
>> Anyone aware of any commercial application ported from UNIX to NT using
>> Cygnus ?
>> I would appreciate suggestion/Issues and experience related to porting a
>> commercial Unix based product on Windows NT.
>
>I'm not a licensing expert, but the license for the gnuwin32 stuff
>sounds as if you are required to ship source code for your app if it is
>based on gnuwin32 - I don't think that's acceptable for most commercial
>applications. But maybe I'm completely wrong on the licensing agreement?

Yes, you're wrong.

You don't need to ship source code unless your app is a "derivative work"
of the DLL, and if it just uses that standard POSIX interfaces it won't be.

Disclaimer: I do not represent Cygnus, I am not a lawyer,
this is not legal advice, yadda yadda yadda...

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.