Re: Consistent mode of file-opens

> Hi Kimon, you wrote:
>
> : default file-open mode is determined by the mount-table flags in the registry.
>
> : The problem is that stdin, stdout and stderr are still opened in text mode.
> : This breaks redirection and pipe operations dealing with binary data.
>
> What about a mount flag in the registry for pipes, too?
>

> Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)

As you might already have seen in the reply of Earnie Boyd to my original
mail, things work correctly under bash, so in this environment nothing
more needs to be done. Things are different with the "standard" MS-DOS
based shells. For these, the scheme I proposed in my original post,
as ammended in my reply to Earnie's comment, may still be applicable.

Best regards,

Kimon Kontovasilis,
NCSR "Demokritos"
-