Re: ... called, and it's not done yet

You write:

>I get messages similar to this when running less and starting rxvt.
>In the case of less, when I try to search for a regular expression:
>
>    regcomp called, and it's not done yet.
>
>In the case of rxvt
>
>    seteuid called, and it's not done yet
>
>Any ideas how to avoid these ?

These messages indicate that a certain function, e.g. regcomp()
or seteuid(), has not yet been implemented.

To fix them, download the gnu-win32 source, grep the sources to find
wheter the function is defined, implement it,
build a new cygwin.dll with your modified sources, test it,
and then if all goes well mail a patch to the gnu-win32 mailing list.

Simple really ;-)

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.