Program runs on Win95 but not NT!

Greetings!

I need your help! I'm new to NT programming (and *love* to have the
gnuwin32 system running as a cross compiler on my linux box), so please
excuse if it's a dumb question ...

I've the following problem:

A simple windows (GUI) application compiles just fine. It runs under
Windows95! It doesn't run under NT (sp3). The system even doesn't start
the program, but displays the error ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT.

The program is linked with

        $(CC) -mwindows -o simple.exe $(OBJS)

and only the warning

	warning: cannot find entry symbol _WinMainCRTStartup;
		 defaulting to 00401000

is displayed (btw: how can this be avoided?)

I've also compiled the program under NT with the self-hosted gnuwin32
tools. Same result (it doesn't work). It works if the sources are
compiled and linked with Lcc or MSVC.

If I link the object files as generated with gnuwin32 with the MSVC
linker, the program runs! Looks like I'm missing some options for the
linker!?

Any ideas?

Wolfgang
--
 | Wolfgang Ocker    | D-86576 Schiltberg-Rapperzell | weo@recco.de         |
 | reccoware systems | Phone +49-8259-1048, Fax 1049 | How do we sleep ...? |