Re: compile problems with gimp

In article <19970923120748.20028.qmail@hotmail.com>,
Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 20:39:02 -0400
>>From: Michael Zawacki <mjz115@psu.edu>
>>To: gnuwin <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
>>Subject: compile problems with gimp
>>
>>    I have come across an "undefined reference to" setpwent.  Has
>anyone
>>heard of this function.  Gimp calls it with no parameters, and I can't
>>find it in any of the include files in X11 or cygwin. Is this a motif
>>call?
>
>Although "setpwent" is correct, it is misspelled in libcygwin.a as
>"setpwend".  If you substitute setpwent with setpwend it should link
>fine.
>
>By the way the version of libcygwin.a from Sergey Okhapkin know as
>coolview has this corrected.  However, if you are using a FAT directory
>structure that gets created and grows quickly, so don't use it.

Sergey's stuff is quite nice, and you really should use it, but if you
can't, it is relatively easy to edit the file with 'vim -b' or emacs
and change all occurrences of setpwend to setpwent.

cgf
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."